Violet and I took a walk this morning. I am glad that summer is waning, not in obvious ways, of course, but for example the sun stayed behind the mountain the whole time. No nasty blistering sun in my eyes. It was almost cool.
Violet did fine. We didn't see any dogs, except a little rat in the complex which we avoided (side note, there are too many little rat dogs in my complex and I think a significant number of dogs have moved in recently. This should make it a great place to work with Vi on her issues, but it stresses me out! We need dogs at a distance!). I'm glad my vision is better than Violet's! Also, I'm taller, so that might help too!
She spazzed a bit in relation to some bunnies and annoyed the crap out of me pulling on the leash. It chafes my hand and then I get cranky. She's the opposite of barn sour. She doesn't pull once she realizes we're headed home. We practiced our "here" command, which means watch me. She did several successul ones on our walk. Some on command, some, fleetingly, on her own, adn some I had to move in front of her so her options were looking at my legs or looking up at me like she knows she's been asked to.
Wednesdays she goes to Poppa's (my dad's). Dad watches my niece Aimee, so then Vi and Aimee get to hang out.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment